Wednesday, September 17, 2008

jolly green giant

I am a health nut.
I'm an organic, juicing, herb taking, cloraphyll drinking, occasional carnovire who really loves her veggies. The farmers market every tuesday and friday, where the Amish farmers bring their fresh picked goodness, is my highlight of the week. I love to be creative with food.

but this past week, however, that was not the case. I was in Maine serving at a conference my Parents were hosting. I could barely sleep between: being the church cleaning lady, cooking for the speakers, running the registration, booktable, ushering...let alone eat right. Sigh.I still feel guilty about the food that I ate, so in an effort to purge my concience, I am making a list of everything I consumed:

Chicken Pot Pie
Pizza
Gummy Bears
Lots of Coffee
Cake
SODA!?
White Bread
Muffins
Cheesecake
Chips

!!!! Like.... Who am i?? Haha...when I told my husband that I ate a chicken pot pie, he looked at me with wide eyes and said "who are you?" Now, I'm going to go juice 10 carrots and feel better about my health. Cheers :)

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Juicing carrots as penance? I'm not sure about that one. However, the Farmer's Market is definitely calling my name. The sight of piles of fresh, yummy veggies sends my heart fluttering. On occasion I even slip into a vegetarian diet without realizing it.
Enjoy juicing your carrots! Me--I'm thinking a lovely veggie soup would be nice. I'm still struggling with the tail end of a cold that just won't be shaken!