it's been nearly a month since I last blogged. So stinkin much has happened since my last post. In no particular order, my best friend (is it dorky that say that at 24?) came for a visit, which was perfect. We had lots of time to relax, cook, drink, laugh, & bake delicious cupcakes! The last time she flew out from LA to see me was 6 months ago, to be my maid of honor in my wedding and it was a fantasticly fun and, albeit, stressful week. So this time around we didn't have a huge gala to coordinate, just enjoy eachothers company. I also deserted working on the house for a week, but of course my faithful husband, was faithful. Fixing and fixing away with out me while i relaxed. That makes me sound terribly lazy doesn't it! Well I tried to get him to rest too, but he's just too faithful? :)
The day after kate left, I helped my sister and brother in law pack up her kitchen. To move. Far far away. To Tennessee. booooooooo. So sad. My dreams and ideas of us living in the same city and raising our kids together are dashed to the rocks. I have felt nearly in mourning over them leaving. They are really close friends of ours, I mean naturally....they are family. But we have grown so close these past two years, with young marriages, new houses, and all that jazz.
BUT! enough wallowing. We saw them for thanksgiving and will again for Christmas, so that's something to be thankful for.
In the mean time, I will be frantically busy working to send off another group of people to Nicaragua to feed 12,000 people in 10 days. And that's just the half of it. Plus Christmas shopping, and working on our house, my tush is done and worked hard. I will deserve a big drink and bigger kiss on christmas.
That's all I can afford this year....KISSES FOR CHRISTMAS!!
:)
1 comment:
You have been busy, busy, busy. Glad you got to see your BFF. I know how fun that is. By the way, did you know Kat and Rupa are getting hitched in January?
Post a Comment