The 'Confessions of a Pregnant Woman' series has been really fun for me. I've enjoyed sharing the ins and outs of my pregnancy with you all. But you know what's crazy? There's only time for one or two more of them! So without further ado....
1. Every day (and sometimes hourly) I voice the same phrase as though I have never said it before: 'He is coming soon. He is going to be here soooooo sooooooonnnnn.
2. We are calling the birth 'D-Day'. Um, What? Doesn't the WWII storming of the Beach of Normandy, France conjure up thoughts of a serene home birth to you?? Ok, so not exactly. But it works for me...
3. I have been carrying my sister's dog around in my sling, to practice babywearing.
4. Baby is growing big and the room in there just doesn't seem as adequate as before!
Now I have little toes jamming into my ribs. However, his head is down which is great because it's likely he won't be breech. I will take inflamed ribs any day!
5. He has hiccups every day. So funny. I tell him not to be scared. Don't you think hiccups might be scary to a baby?
6. I am starting to get uncomfortable. Like oh god I can't breath uncomfortable. Thankfully he dropped a little yesterday so I can breathe a little better, but my bladder is not impressed!
Maybe the twice nightly peeing is the way the body prepares for nighttime feedings? It's saying get used to this sister...you have a few more months to go.
7. Honestly, I do feel beautiful. My husband tells me so every day, which helps.
8. I really miss my skinny jeans.
9. D-day is 36 days away according to the ticker, but earlier would work just fine for me.
10. I love to hate Braxton Hicks. I have them daily, and I'm glad my body is warming up. I think I might be dilating a little bit, so maybe he will come a little early? Fingers crossed!!
1 comment:
Oh, gosh! This little munchkin really is going to be hear soooo soon! I can't wait to see photos.
You should be warned, though, twice nightly pee sessions don't prepare you for the 10 times a night (minimum) that newborns wake you up...not to mention the 50 times a night that you wake yourself up just to make sure he's still breathing.
I'm glad he's dropped and you're having Braxtion Hicks...both very good signs.
You and this little bundle of sweetness are in my prayers. May your pregnancy continue on such a peaceful and beautiful path. :)
Post a Comment