Monday, February 1, 2010

O.N.L.S.

As the 'end' of the pregnancy is near, I've had many people offering their words of advice and comfort. Everyone seems to have their 'thing' that starts labor: Spicy food. Spicy Bedroom Playtime. Pedicures.

In my previous post I wrote about having lots of contractions. We were excited! To see if it was real labor, we burned a path around the kitchen table. We paraded up and down the stairs, marching band style, singing and playing air trumpet. I ate lots of food. I showered. I bounced on my yoga ball. We cleaned the kitchen and living. We watched the Grammys [what a snoozefest, right?] And the contractions seemed to be progressing! At midnight, we decided to go to bed, and figured that if it was real labor they would continue. At 3:30 I woke up from a comma. No more contractions. So frustrating.

SO! I was thinking today that since he is 40 weeks and 1 day, it is time to initiate
'Operation Natural Labor Stimulation'. [Tubing...skydiving...trampoline...] ;)

Got any ideas for me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Walk. Take a walk, then walk some more. :) Honestly, no matter how many "natural" ways you try to start labor, it only works when your body is ready to begin. And to make you feel better, it is VERY common for first time moms to go beyond their due date. So don't worry, you are doing great girl!!!! Hugs to you!!

Madeline said...

The last week or two is so very frustrating. Just relax. Soon and very soon you will get to meet your precious little one!