the rocks from the fake fireplace have been removed.
the pretty breakable things have been moved higher up...
...'cause this boy is cra-cra-crawling! The skooch-along army-crawl has been in the works for about 3 weeks, but yesterday he finally got the real crawl. The 'one uncertain arm followed by one uncertain knee, followed by a more certain arm'....and voila. I'm so proud.
And I'm also paranoid. Now that he can get places, I realize my house is one great big giant choking hazard. So the official baby-proofing began yesterday. Because, I am tryyying, but I don't know when kids begin to understand the word NO. Or NO-NO, as I say it. So I'd rather just move the chemicals and small inedible objects. We can learn the meaning of No-No later.
What he lacks in speed [at the moment] he makes up for in passion. He crawls with PURPOSE people. His determination makes me laugh. Goodbye knees of milky skin, hello rug burn red! Speaking of rug burn knees - his only pair of leg warmers were dirty, and I needed a quick fix. So I took some old socks and cut the toe parts off. I reincarnated my hole-in-the-toes Wonder Woman socks into crawlers for Rue. I'm so crafty & cheap it kills me.

He's also standing up in his crib, pulling himself up onto the coffee table and attempting to climb the couch. Like it's a rock climbing wall and he's been doing it for years. Is this normal at his tender age of 6 months 3 weeks??
.
.
.
{and now onto some thoughts that have nothing to do with this post, but are gnawing away at my brain nonetheless}
I don't know how long it takes for one's hormones and feelings to go back to normal [whatever 'normal' is, or was] but I'm still not feeling 100% myself yet. Seems like mom's who had 'postpartum' or barely scraped by the first few months take longer to adjust emotionally. Baby boy is 7 months old next week, and I am shedding no tears. I love him more than anything, but wow....what a RIDE it's been. I am hoping my next child doesn't do me in the same way. [Wow, did I actually just say 'my next child' out loud?? I must be farther along in my recovery than I thought] haha. What are your thoughts moms? Am I normal in still feeling 'out of it'?
Looking to the future with hope in my heart,
Yana
4 comments:
Yay for the little man who is crawling! That is too cute!
As for the hormones...I know this story so well. I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. After 6 months of post partum HELL, my doc finally ordered bloodwork to check my hormones. Turns out, I stopped making EVERYTHING. No estrogen, no progesterone, no testosterone. I was even vitamin D and seratonin sufficient. (Did you know that when your hormones are screwy, you make less seratonin? ) I totally suggest you to ask to have your levels checked. They put me on progesterone supps and I was feeling much better.
Hope that is helpful??? And not just bossy pants of me?
Best,
Tina
I meant depleted...not sufficient...gah!
I just had to check out your blog after reading your comment on PTPR.
From one mother to another, I was totally not back to normal at 7 months. Not by a long shot. I think 7 mo is about when I started seeing a therapist because everything was hard and I was getting depressed.
9 months was a huge milestone for me. When I got my period back, things really turned around. I feel much more myself now than I have since before getting pregnant.
If you don't conform to this exact timeline, don't worry about it. Hormones are crazy, and how you react to them and when they settle down -- that's unique.
My point isn't that you have exactly two months left, it's that it's normal not to feel yourself yet. I believe you'll get there eventually. Don't beat yourself up about it. You're not crazy, you're a mom, and that comes with some ups and downs. Good luck! You're doing a great job!
Thank you, thank you for asking? Totally felt like that moment when someone else in the class asks the question everyone else is thinking! Feeling normal...I have three little people and my youngest is almost 4 months. My lovelies are really spaced apart (10, 6,and 4months) and I truly forget every time how bad "the weirdness" is. My husband just keeps looking me in the eye with deep love saying, "you will be okay!" Not sure if he is stating a fact or asking!:) All joking aside I can truly say after my first two you do eventually feel like "you" again. It seemed like around one year things changed a bit. This time is the hardest but I know that I am out there somewhere, just have to find the other me again! You are a brave, beautiful mama! Thanks for asking the question? Sometimes just saying it makes things a bit better. :)
Cheers,
April
P.S. I also have locked my baby in a house and lived to tell the story! :)
Post a Comment