Monday, April 11, 2011

14 months

'look Ma, no hands!'


My sweet Rue!
I am getting used to the word 'Toddler'.
I guess that's because you've grown so much since your birthday.
You have 4.5 teeth now [the .5 part is a gem of a story, to be shared later]
You love to climb the stairs....up and down, and up and down. I let you.

YOU LOVE DIRT. Getting it under your nails, in your diaper and your favorite...in your mouth. When we go into the backyard and you get really, really dirty, I make sure to strip you down before we go back inside. Then you run around in your diaper with a dirt-stache. It makes me laugh.

You still love to be naked, but you don't love food so much anymore. All the things you loved last week, now you loathe. Gotta admit I get very frustrated and feel helpless. I am sure there is a verse in the bible 'baby cannot live on Cheerios alone...' ?

New words: "waattzzzz zzaatt?" "shheeeze" "sshoooooooooze" "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh booyee"
Translation: What's that, Cheese, Shoes and OH BOY.

One new thing: you lay down on your belly as you play with toys. It's very little boyish, as I imagine someday you will play with army men or lego's in the same manner.

You and I had our first art time. It was so sweet. When I put the colored pencil in your hand and showed you how to mark the paper, you moved the pencil from your right and into the left and started drawing. Makes me think for sure you are a lefty. I hope it sticks!


Well, your naptime is almost over and I have plenty of things to do before you wake up. I love you so much little man!

xo, Mama

No comments: