Saturday, May 14, 2011

itchy itch

I wrote this post a week ago and it's been sitting as a draft. Waiting. Waiting for me to hit publish. After a week of processing and pondering aaand....more processing, I'm ready to hit publish.

So...here goes.

I am getting the baby itch.

I see pregnant bellies and my heart swells a bit. In the card section buying a 'congratulations on your baby boy' for my cousin and her son Luca I got a little misty eyed. Then I got a smile and a big-big-oh so big lump in my throat. I told my husband and he said 'well... you are already at a better place than the first time. Cause we weren't ready at all then. See how I spun that for you?'

So.

I don't know what this means exactly! I don't know if this means: let this little seed/idea simmer and culminate and grow and take over our hearts and if we get pregnant, celebrate? Or...should we decide 'let's make a baby' and put on my bedroom eyes and get husband to jump on me and give me everything he's got before we have a chance to change our minds? Haha. [I hope that made him blush]

I'm curious friends, what did you do, if I may ask? Did you decide to try? Or just let the chips fall where they may? Did you try for a specific gender?

.
.
.

Well, regardless, I'm just glad I'm finally at this place. Those of you who have been around HGBB for the last year or so can vouch that I never thought this day would come. And for my real life friends who I haven't told yet...well, now you know!


Big heart swells, xo.
Y

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm happy to hear it. :-) We weren't sure for awhile, but then R started to behave better and all of a sudden it seemed like a grand idea. I can't tell you what you should do, but I will tell you that I'm a planner, so I like knowing "try to get pregnant July/August timeframe, have a baby in April or May depending on how long my body can keep the little one in (R was born premature)." That's just me, though. You seem to be the spontaneous type. ^_^ Embrace the itch!

Beryl Lynn said...

Once you have baby fever, there's no turning back!

I had "the itch" for about a year before we actually conceived. My husband on the other hand was thinking the total opposite! It wasn't until we spent a weekend with our out of town friends who have a little girl & were pregnant at the time that we really started to talk seriously about starting a family. We had a really great time with them and realized there was a small piece missing from our "family puzzle".

We let nature take it's course and three months later I was pregnant. I just had my baby boy almost 7 weeks ago and even though during my whole delivery I kept telling everyone "This is the worst pain of my life, I'm never doing this again!" I can totally see myself getting pregnant a few years from now!

heather sinnott said...

we had the itch for a good 6 months before we "saw what would happen" with jack. since last month... it is here again.. the itch. i think we will just see what happens :D i am SOOOO looking forward to another tiny one. hopefully we land the same time as you again :) xoxo mamma

Madeline said...

Awww...Yay!! Babies are wonderful...even when they aren't. I hope your second is like mine....way, way easier than the first. Either way, you'll be much more confident this time around which makes a world of difference.

wonderchris said...

Babies ROCK! They grow up and become kids that ROCK! :)

Super excited for you guys to even be in the thinking about baby #2 stage. :)

KARmenian said...

This gives me warm fuzzies. :)
xoxo

Amber said...

We tried harder for our first (Ethan) and were much more laid back with our second (Jackson). I say put on your bedroom eyes and don't look back! If you don't get pregnant...oh well...I'm sure you had fun anyway! And I agree with Madeline - the 2nd is easier. I think they just get the vibe that they need to keep up & fit in.

What an exciting time for you!

Kate Feucht said...

so happy for your heart:)....
...excited to see what the future holds...and now that you have a massive car...it can fit massive amounts of Brink children:)

Anonymous said...

YEAHHYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Congratulations for getting here Yana! I felt the same, at the same age Rue is now with my Bethany. And then came along Ben :) But now I have two I totally don't feel it.... So go for it ;) Go for it before you change your mind ;) 2 years 4 months apart is PERFECT - But I'm sure anyone with any age gap will tell you theirs is THE best :) can't wait to hear more......... xoxox

Courtney said...

How exciting, congratulations on being at this place!

We were one of those obnoxious couples who bragged about our 5 year plan, and got pregnant 3 months after our wedding. Life is funny sometimes. :) We obviously didn't try for a specific gender, but from keeping track of things, I was 99.9% certain I was having a girl!

We wouldn't trade a thing about how Eden came to us so beautifully unexpected, but we are definitely hoping to wait another year or two before little sibling comes along. I don't think either of us feel like we're ready for another munchkin quite yet. I still take pregnancy tests on the monthly, though (obsessive much?). ha.

Yay! Babies babies babies!