Saturday, October 15, 2011

type & delete

...how many times do I start typing a post...then delete? How many times have I hit 'tap tap tap' on that delete button? How many drafts do I have sitting in my post box? Have I been gone too long, does this place seem unfamiliar? Or am I really just afraid of being honest?
Sometimes my mind feels like a high speed train on crack. So it's extra super fast-fast. Ideas float in and out and before I have a chance to grasp and process I hear a bowl of cheerios scatter across the floor. Grab a broom and go go go. I want to get back to that grasp & process part but I barely have a moment. Where is the dang "Selah" button when you need it!

Then he sleeps. Here's my moment. Brain kicks back into full gear. I think 'oh crap oh crap oh craaaapppp. Another baby. In three months. How will I handle it? How can I do this again? Will I survive it? The first go around was me surviving tooth and nail till the 7th month mark and even after that I still cried a lot. What is going to happen this time??'

The fear makes my mind numb. I start to zone out and stare into space. My mind goes from the speed of light, to a speed even a slug would be embarrassed by.

Then, I feel her kick.
Hello, reality check. Ready or not, prepared or not, baby will COME.
I take a deep breath.
Remember somehow, every little thing is gonna be alright. God tells me so.
Exhale.

I start typing. This time is don't hit the delete button. I just keep typing. I open my heart and keep typing. I don't shy away from being honest, from laying it out there for everyone to see. I let it be heard the I am scared of the unknown. Life doesn't have the undo/delete button. It's one choice, that leads to another, that makes the person you are, you.  Ever wonder what older you would tell the younger you? My older me would probably say 'Stop being a martyr. Grow a pair. Kids grow quick. Quit whining. Sex gets even better! Chin up buttercup!' I imagine older me is more sarcastic that younger me.

I didn't think when I started this post that it would turn out like this, but that's just the point. That's life. It's not what you expect. But we gotta do it like we mean it, and hit publish.

8 comments:

heather sinnott said...

you will make it! you can do it, I believe in you!! you will be a wonderful mommy of 2, you are already a wonderful mommy of one special guy!

Jennifer P said...

Hi hon! I am in the same situation (20 month old and 8 months pregnant) and I am terrified as well. Somehow we'll make it, but I just don't know how. I didn't know how I'd make it before though either, and here we are the happiest family I could imagine. I can only hope we will be even happier as a family of four is a few months time. Big hugs!

Samantha said...

Love, LOVE, love this post. You are honest. You are real. You write with creativity as it flows from your heart. You have all it takes to be a superb mom to 2 kids...just grab it. Embrace the now. Like you said. You've got this!

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with my 2nd son, I had lots of fears...
I was afraid that they wouldn't get along, that my older son would be jealous of the little one to come, that my older son would NEVER be potty trained, that I wouldn't have enough time for both, that life would always be hectic but in the end, all my fears were worse than the actual scenarios. You're right: Ready or not, here it {life} comes. I'm sure in the end, you'll be the same - just fine. Listen to the older you. She's very wise.

Kelly said...

as I was reading this post I was reminded of the verse, "Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass." 1 Thess 5:24

If God brought you to it...He will bring you through it!
and you can always rely on your friends...remember I am still in the 1 baby category :) I would love to help.

Anonymous said...

What do you need help with honey buns... I will help.
I have had a baby or two...or 3...4...5,6,7...sheesh.
You are normal.
What you didn't know the first time was that you would need to allot time...time to sit...time to cry...time to drink in each moment.. Time to get away...time to chat with friends...time to create...
You know that now...so plan for it.
Figure out what fuels you...what breathes life into you... Plan for that...schedule that.
Plan for space... Space to facilitate all that you need to do, process, create, be.
Love you... Call if you need anything...come sit here with your babies if you need it...
It will be okay...and if there are times were it is not okay...that's okay too...you have a great support system.
T

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and have so enjoyed reading over it. I hope you post again. You share 'life' beautifully!
Be blessed, Ahna

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and have so enjoyed reading over it. I hope you post again. You share 'life' beautifully!
Be blessed, Ahna