Thursday, July 12, 2007

amazing birthday week ahead!


Let the bells ring out and the birds sing, cause it's freakin offically my birthday week!!

The tradition of extremely long birthday celebrations, i.e., week or even the entire month of july, began when I was a wee little lassie. Being an only child on spurred this on all the more- my parents had lots of money and attention for MOI!

The Festivities would begin with a birthday with my school friends. This normally consisted of: pool parties/ice cream cakes/pizza/water fights/relay races/neighborhood wide scavenger hunts/& talent shows.
If it rained, we went to Chuck E Cheese. (oh hell yes!)

THEN. Party with Auntie Jeri and Uncle Chris.

THEN. Every summer we went to Bulgaria, which meant:
Party with Grandma!
Party with the neighborhood friends, (who I couldn't talk to cause they spoke bulgarian, but who needs to talk to one another when you have a good imagination? and besides hide and go seek is the same in other countries...)
Party with Grandma's sister, Lela Peppa, brother Vucho Stoyan and his tacky wife.
Last but not least, party with Grandpa, Grandma's ex. That was always so much fun.
They fed me lots of dried sausage called Loufkana, and yogurt soup, and horrible cake. But I like watching my grandpa gum his food. His jaws moved in the most mezmerizing pattern. And they smoked and drank, which I remember liking being around adults who did that. And of course my grandpa would kiss my cheeks all night and they were always wet. He was a really happy guy, but every time a camera would go to snap a picture he would take on this rock hard stoic face. Remnants of communism maybe?

So that's why July is my birthday month, and THIS is my birthday week!
Saturday- dinner party at Niki's! Scrumptous food and bubbly to go around!
Sunday- big gala at my house (my parents are throwing me a surprise party, but since they are out of town, they needed ME to PLAN it. hahah)
Monday- family b-day dinner
Wednesday- actual day of birth.
Friday- The boy is taking me on a date
Saturday- Pinic at a vineyard, and bowling!

And THAT, ladies and gents, will conclude my most amazing and fansatic birthday week. And then I'll be 23! I whole new year for me...whoopie!

Yay.

No comments: