Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the cliff


40 weeks, 3 days. Still pregnant.
Not much of a surprise there, for a first time mom to go over due.
But so many emotions to sort and process. I didn't know exactly what I was feeling till I sent my husband a text that turned into a mini novel:

'This waiting is starting to mess with my head, particularly pertaining to my courage and gumption. Can I really do this? What I mean is, you know...like...standing at the edge of a cliff. The longer you stand and wait...and don't jump, the easier it is to believe you can't jump, won't jump, OR will die if you actually do. If you would've just run up to the edge without looking and jumped, there's only room for falling, not for doubting. I feel like I've been sitting on the lefge, dangling my feet. Twidling my thumbs. Whistling. Guessing how many feet till the waters surface and how cold the water will be.'

I shared that because...honsetly... I'm a little scared. Just a little afraid of this jump into the unknown. Of course I can do it, will do, and won't die. When push comes to shove, I will enjoy the jump, the fall and the plunge. I will swim in new waters and take it all in. I just hope my little boy is ready soon because this mama is ready to take the plunge.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep reading the positive birth stories and watching good birth videos. You CAN do it, and you WILL do it! Sooner than you think! And just keep taking walks! :)

Leigh said...

You absolutely can do it. I'm so excited for you!

Madeline said...

You can so do this! You were created for it. And, before you know it you'll be holding the most beautiful boy you've ever seen and thinking "How did I ever make it in this world without you?"

Stuff Parents Need said...

It's mostly all smiles down here at the bottom of the cliff, I promise!

Anonymous said...

My first baby was 10 days late. THAT'S NOT to upset you, it's just GOd's timing. I had such a peace knowing that He was in control of when the bun was supposed to come out of the oven, and I just waited. Patiently. He knows when your baby boy is supposed to enter into your world. Just enjoy the time you have now, keep busy, and remember, the Dr.'s time-lines are only GUESSTIMATES! They're not always exact. Peace Peace. Love Love. You'll KNOW exactly when it's time. And it will be exciting in a really good way.

swonderful said...

You CAN do it and you will do it. You will amaze yourself. Thinking of you.

swonderful said...

Thinking of you.