Day 4 of Nutramigen, a lactose free formula.
HE IS ALREADY A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BABY.
Yesterday he took three [count em, THREEEE] naps, one of which was 3 hours long, and the rest of the day he was HAPPY. As in, didn't cry all day. Which was, the FIRST day of his life that he didn't cry. I am still in shock and awe.
The formula is expensive, but to see his happy little face all day long, it's so worth the money.
Poor Kid, he had so much tummy/gut pain that he would just cry cry cry after he ate. So to get him to calm down, I would feed him again. Which would make everything worse. I knew he wasn't colicky, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Thank God for Pediatricians who know their stuff.
[I am bumming about not being able to breastfeed him anymore. Last Friday when it was feeding time, I habitually sat down on my 'spot' on the couch and started to unhook my bra, when I realized....'I'm not breast feeding him anymore' it hit me like a ton of bricks. I went and fixed him a bottle, cradled him in my arms, began to feed him, and cried. Tears of joy, and sadness. Joy that he is not hurting anymore. Joy that I got to nourish him with my breasts and build up his immune system. I wish I had savored up every drop our last feeding. But I keep telling myself that my arms and kisses, love and words will nourish him.]
I'm sure there will still be rocky days ahead, but I'm saying hooray, hooray for the light at the end of this dark three month long tunnel.
all my love, Y
11 comments:
hooray hooray for you and ruehl! glad his little tummy is feeling better. it sounds like you're feeling a little more optimistic too.
xoxo,
allegra
I read this and cried. I guess I should savour these times too I didn't even really think about it. i am glad that he is doing so much better! Once Jack's gas was under control it made life much happier. Nice to talk to you today. xo
I am so glad for you! We all have to do what works for our families and our babies!
Hope you are getting much needed rest!
Best,
Tina
How wonderful!!! I'm so glad to hear he is a happy baby. What a relief for you that he isn't fighting any stomach issues now! Your love for that baby is precious - what a great momma he has!
I'm so glad your little fella has found some peace, and now maybe you can too! You're a wonderful mama, Yana.
Yana. I'm speechless, but with me that doesn't last very long. I am so uplifted (maybe that's the wrong word) to think of you and little Rue, happy as little clams, in your bungalow all day long. You ARE the very best mom he could ever have, searching and searching until your babe was content.
Three cheers for you and Rue! I feel like we should have a party!
Praise the Lord for NUTRAM!
hahaha so glad its working for Rue!
:)
excet for how bad it STINKS...it smells like cheezits~!!
I read this post so long ago, but have just now found the time to comment (same goes for your wonderful "real" post you wrote a week ago. love!)
This is so good! I'm so happy that Rue's tummy has settled down, it's got to be the best feeling ever knowing your baby isn't in pain anymore! You made an awesome decision, good job!
glad to hear he is feeling better!
Post a Comment