
I grew up watching MacGyver.
I'd like to thank him for helping me this morning.
I may, or may not, have locked myself out of the house today.
The baby may, or may not have been sleeping inside.
Let's go with 'may'.
I had the monitor with me as I 'unlocked' the door on my way over to my neighbors to feed their cats. Little did I know, I actually locked the door, not 'un'. So much difference that little 'un' word makes.
When I realized my mom fail #2, I tried not to panic. After all, it's only 95 degrees outside, none of my neighbors are answering and I'm wearing my freshly cleaned white linen pants.
Exhale. Call husband. No answer. 3rd neighbor attempt- he was home!
[enter MacGyver] Armed with a flathead, I set my sights on my storm windows. No luck. Contemplate breaking......Hubs might be less than impressed. Next idea. Side door!! I wiggled my screwdriver in and yet, fail again. My last option was the front door. Somehow, I did it. I wiggled the screwdriver between the jam and the lock and voila! I was in shock!
I channeled MacGyver and kicked that door's ass, and I didn't even dirty my white linen pants.
Thank you Mac, for showing me how to make a bomb from a toothpick and a gum wrapper. You're still a hero in my 8 year old eyes.
4 comments:
LOL! Sorry, but that made me laugh! I'm glad you got the door open and all we as well. I just love how you told the story. :) Don't worry, you will fail many more times as a mama, we all do. No one is perfect, that's where God's grace comes in. And our children are amazingly forgiving for our shortcomings. Gotta love that!
I am MOST amazed at the keeping the white pants clean. TRULY AWESOME!!
Glad you made it back inside - thank you MacGyver!! Glad it didn't turn into a MacGruber moment! :)
Nice job!!!! Love the new layout of your blog, it's very fitting and so cute!
I'm impressed by your MacGyver skills!
This reminds me of when I locked Levi in the car. I had 4 grown men from across the road crawling all over that truck trying to get inside it.
Post a Comment