Friday, July 2, 2010

soul blooms



Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,

They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom - Proust



My transition into motherhood has been mind blowing difficult. In this time I have been loved, encouraged, uplifted, prayed for, hugged and blessed by my husband, family and friends. I have the best friends that, honestly, should be included in the family category.
There were moments these past few months that I thought I would die. The overwhelming feeling of despair and the exhaustion of crying.
And then one day, things got a little better. I cried less.
Then the next day, it got a little easier than the day before. That day I didn't cry at all.

Today, I'm not drowning anymore. I swam the English Channel of emotion, and I made it to the other side alive. I still remember the struggle and the pain, but I've conquered.

I'm a better person today than I was February 9th, and I owe that to my family.
They are the charming gardeners who made my soul bloom in my darkest hour.

You know who you are. Thank you.

3 comments:

heather sinnott said...

i am sooo happy to read this. It is a terrible initiation but i think we are set now. Way to go Yana, you are a great mommy! now for # 2! haha j/k! xo

SmartBear said...

So glad things are feeling better for you. I know that it is hard...
Best,
Tina

swonderful said...

Love to you lady. I'm so glad for you that you had that support!