
You aren't just 12 months, you are ONE.WHOLE.YEAR.OLD!
It makes me smile...and apparently makes me cry too. As I was checking out at the grocery store I told the cashier 'I am buying all this food for my sons first birthday!' and then totally.started.bawling.
I know being your mother makes me partial to liking you, but I think you are pretty dang remarkable.
You wake up with craaay-craaay morning hair. You must take after your dad in that department because my hair looks perfect every morning [at least that's what your daddy tells me]
You can walk now...just this week! But it's not a normal front walk - it's sideways like a crab! 'Walk like an Egyptian' is your new theme song :)
You say 'mama' now...just this week too!
You share your food with me [which as times is really gross because you like to put things in your mouth then share with me]
I can see your little sponge brain soaking everything up.
You and I roll your favorite ball back and forth...it's a game. It's crazy to me that we can play games!
You absolutely LOVE peek-a-boo and when we play you belly laugh. It's my favorite.
You have totally rocked our world this year little man. Daddy and I are better humans, and a little more grown up too. Today we will give you lots of gifts, but you are our greatest gift -
The one and only Ruehl Grayson.
I love you.
xo, Mama!
ps...does this mean I have to say my baby is a 'toddler'?
7 comments:
Ahhhh this melted my heart. :)
Happy birthday Rue! And happy labor day Mama! So glad my little guy is not the only one with crazy hair. His lasts all day long though...
Happy birthday to your little man! His morning hair is AMAZING. I think you're safe not having to call him a toddler yet; you'll know when it's time. ^_^
what a beautiful post :)
has it really been a year? look at him -- he's so cute. SO CUTE! you can try on the word toddler, if you want, but you'll know when it fits, there won't be any doubt pretty soon. but the good news? year number two is really really cute. just so cute.
Awe! Happy Birthday Rue! I can't believe it's already been a year. Yana, you're in for a treat this year. The cuteness will become seriously unbearable.
this is so sweet. happy birthday rue! (and i'm pretty sure babies aren't officially toddlers until the age of 5? at least that's what i'm telling myself to spare some serious heartbreak ;)
Post a Comment