Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not all grey...

I don't know if it's teething, his new found mobility, or his growing independence, but suddenly my boy has no desire to sleep. His two naps are a measly 45 minutes, nighttime wake ups are happening again and my mommy love/patience/grace tank is getting low low low.

My fb status from this morning:

A morning with my girls and coffee saved Rue's cute lil' neck from strangulation. He knew it too, because just today he said 'mama'. Cheeky monkey already knows how to butter me up.


And I mean strangulation in the most humorous, sarcastic way possible. You gotta laugh right? I'm just being honest here friends...some mommy days you realize there must've been fine print that you didn't read when you signed up for this kid business.

There were some great moments today, so I must give credit where credit is due.
My day was not all grey! [see Chris, your girl can be an optimist!] The sun was shining and the sky was blue. I had coffee with mahh best girlfrenz at a kid friendly coffee shop. All the kiddos played like champs. Rue said 'mamamamamama'!! Which was heaven to my ears. And.......he took a LOT of steps! I think by his first birthday we will have a full blown walker.

Another day bites the dust. Thankfully, there is always tomorrow.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow.

xo.

3 comments:

Moon & Little said...

Ha ha! I have those days often! Beautifully written!

Xoxo
Http://themamasparrow.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Oh man, thank God for tomorrows.

Eden hasn't been sleeping either. Some nights I have a lot of patience and other nights I sigh and say a lot of curse words in my head when she wakes up for the tenth time in two hours.

Hope your tomorrow is a lot more colour and a little less grey. :)

Madeline said...

Hope he gives you some rest soon! Sophia has been restless at night too. She's hit a growth spurt and wants to nurse all day and night. It makes for a tired mama for sure. But, tomorrow is another day. :)