Wednesday, October 5, 2011

a post of happenings.

Lately.

I've been busy, pregnant and happy, and consequently, a terrible blogger. Too happy living life that I kind of, well forgot! I've been growing little Miss, who's name has yet to be chosen, but the list is narrowing down. We've been painting Ruehl's new room, & I've been wearing a gas masks while doing so. We are enjoying the glorious fall weather that we've been waiting so patiently for. We've been taking walks and crunching leaves. I've said adios to iced beverages and traded them for hot mugs. We've turned on the fireplace and cuddled under blankets. I've been cooking hearty soups and roasts. Today I bought a huge grocery bill's worth of yummy stuff to bake; sour cream coffee cake, spicy chewy ginger snaps with lemon frosting, & apple, blackberry and ginger pie. Yum. 

I've been planning my husband's 26th birthday celebrations. I've been wearing boots and sweaters. I've been spending as much time with friends and family as I can. I love getting to the end of the week, exhausted, from too much social activities. 

This weekend will be lots of birthday fun, food and maybe even a trip to a corn maze, petting zoo and pick your own pumpkin patch. 

Lately, I've been living. Thankful for the one I've been given.

What about you?

2 comments:

alliehallmarr said...

I love this time of year, I always feel like my mind has been reset. Glad to read you're doing well! Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Kelly said...

i have to agree with you I love fall so much and lately it's just been absolutely awesome. did you display your wreath? I bet it looks great...also those desserts sound amazeballs. I'll be over soon to taste-test:)