I am learning how to relax!
It is very difficult for someone who is an achiever, to-do lister, and busy bee, trust me. Last week I completely ran out of things to do around my house! The dishwasher was empty, the trash was taken out, laundry clean, sheets cleaned and ironed, (i know right, who irons their sheets?) basement cleaned and resorted. I even went grocery shopping out of boredom!!
I have all this time on my hands because I recently quit my job, and will be in transition to move someone in to take my place. Quitting my job has already unloaded a huge stress of my shoulders, which I am so happy with. So now I am just trying to learn what to do with my newly found time.
So what's on my plate today? The last of the 5 laundry loads is done, unload the dishwasher, check my facebook, roast a chicken and kiss my husband at 5:20 pm. Then after dinner go put up some new drywall in my bedroom.
Tomorrow? maybe i'll get to that sewing/repair project i've been avoiding. And then maybe make a chicken soup with the leftover bones?
But let me cast a bit of perspective. I'm not going to be sitting around doing nothing for long. Hopefully in three weeks we move into our house. Which means, I will be up to my eye balls in unpacking boxes, priming walls, decorating and sorting. Which means, in essence that I will be busy again, but this time without stress. And that's exactly what I want to learn to do.
1 comment:
Oooo...busy and stress free. That's a tough one. My best advice is to accept where you are and enjoy it for what it is--even if where you are happens to be in that shaky space in between.
Thanks for your comment. I'm actually in between jobs now. I've got a few possibilities in the works. My major requirement for a job is that it be flexible enough that I get to still be a primarily stay at home mom. Good luck on your quest and your move! Thanks for your prayers!!
Post a Comment