Wednesday, July 8, 2009

11 weeks & counting...

Today marks my 11th week of pregnancy. Baby Brink is now the size of two starbucks sugar packets. How sweet. Last week we saw the heartbeat at my first ultrasound, and I can tell you that my heart skipped a beat. It was a phenomenal feeling to see our little lima beans' eyes, head, little arms and beating hard. The technician was so nonchalant, 'and there is the little peanut' but I was like 'omg. it's real. it's really in there! wow!' Seems that a little bit of faith is needed for this kind of thing, because at this point I'm growing at such a slow rate I hardly feel pregnant. Top it off with not an ounce of morning sickness or intollerance to any foods. But that's only physically. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually I'm on a topsy turny ride. Maternal insticts are forming. I've been reading books, blogs and this birth story today and balled my eyes out.
So while my body is telling me only that I'm more tired than usual, my heart is telling me, 'you are going to be a mamma.'

I don't know if I should begin posting 'belly' pics...there's not much there to show yet!? Should I?

Our babe's first glamour shot:


2 comments:

swonderful said...

Whether or not you are posting them on your blog, you should start taking belly photos now. In a few months it will be hard to remember what a flat stomach looked like. Document it!

Anonymous said...

SO PRECIOUS! Love ultrasounds! They are priceless. Belly shots are great. If you have time or remember. I kept mine to myself. But, if you're more uninhibited, go for it! A time-lapse video would be cool over the next 7 months! :)