mmmmm.
I've eaten one of these puppies nearly every day since I saw Casablanca's post about her black bean salad with veggies fresh from her garden. While I don't have my own garden, and am rather bummed about it, I still was inspired to eat. Hah, I don't seem to have a problem eating anything now-a-days. Just offer!
Ok, so here's my little recipe for an uber delicious BB salad...with ingredients from my local amish farmers. Yay for farmers.
Black beans (if you are really good, you will soak and cook them yourself. I opt for organic cans)
Tomato
Cucumber
Red Bell Pepper
White Cabbage (thin shreds, and they key is to squeeze them after chopping. Help to break them down and the dressing really soaks in!)
Avocado
Fresh Cilantro (a lot)
Fresh Mint and Basil are also SO good
Top it off with some salt and pepper, generous lemon juice and olive oil....and voila!
If you want to kick it up a notch (Emeril.) add some diced jalepeno and fresh garlic. yum!
Thanks Casablanca for the inspiration!
:) haappy eeaating!
4 comments:
Yummers! Once VBS is over, I am so trying this one.
LOL you are so hilarious, i am still chuckling as I type this. I was the same way, when I was preggo with my first (Abigail Rose--now 3 1/2). I made lists of lists and completed them all. My nesting instincts were off the charts. I spent 8 hours sitting on a box, in the basement of my house, 8 months pregnant, sorting thru 12 boxes of old stuff that I needed to get rid of and widdled it all down to 1 box. Everything else went in the trash. I so wanted to be a minimalist with our growing family. That all ended when she entered the world (and my second too) Everyone and your neighbors neighbors will be giving you lots of toys and clothes. (buy 2nd hand by the way--new is too expensive!) Don't buy too many or laundry will kill ya. Books are best for starters. BEST TIP GIVEN TO ME as a 1st Time Mama: BABY SIGN!!! Get DVD's from your local library, and books on anything Baby Sign. It will eliminate most of the frustration of understanding your baby, vis a vis. It Works! My 3 yr old still signs with me and I can sign to her across the yard "no, no!" and she understands! AHMazing. Also, Go Here for a Baby Sling (very comfortable, pretty colors and keeps baby close without falling out (http://www.sleepywrap.com/). Sorry, a lot of information. I have files still of my nesting times. Pretty funny. You'll be fine. It's really cool to see how God plants in your mind and heart exactly what you need to do at the right time for yourself and for baby. Just enjoy yourself and your growing belly and your hubby soon-to-be-papa. PS: OH! Don't be afraid to call your OBGYN/Midwife for anything. If you get nervous about anything at all...just call them. They are usually the experts...this relieves you of any unneeded stress or anxiety, which is already magnified during your pregnancy! xxoo
i think yours beats mine. (me and my contest neurosis...) the avocado (of course!), minced garlic, and jalapeno- DANG. i'm trying this tomorrow.
I'm actually *soaking* beans right now, in prep for tomorrow's salad. Woo for me! How is VBS going Made?
thanks casablanca, {exotic city name blogger} :) i hope you enjoy the new addition of garlic and jale! Ariba!
Kristin, I can so relate. And yes yes, I am very funny. I hope to make you laugh much more. Hehe
Post a Comment