Ruehl's first road trip [sans Dad] was last week. We drove 4.5 hours to Ohio.
Pre-formula, a road trip would've been a NIGHTMARE. As my friend Lydia said 'that sounds like a REALLY bad idea Yana.' I agreed.
Post-formula, it was fantastic. He slept great in the car seat and loved being passed around from friend to friend. That made me a happy mama. So much so, that I didn't even mind the 3 projectile events that happened on our short 3 days away from home.
We fed him a bottle in the car. He was happy as a little clam. When we got to the hotel, my mom checked in and I was holding Rue in the lobby. Suddenly, I hear him burp the loudest burp ever, followed by his entire meal projectile spewing onto me and the lobby floor, followed by another burp. It was e.p.i.c. -Exorcist style. His little scared face with wet eyes said it all, poor kid. It was so embarrassing that I just laughed. My mom and I got into the elevator and almost peed on ourselves from laughter. Projectile #1.
Later that night his nose was stuffed up, so I used the saline spray to unclog him. I sprayed, he did a little freak out dance, cry and then......like a volcano erupting his nose cleared out all over me. Projectile #2.
The final 'event' was a dirty diaper morning blowout, that had squished out of the diaper and around his legs, filling his sleeper. And, of course, like good stories go, when I popped the buttons open the poop FLEW at me, with impressive force. It stuck to my arm, my shirt and leg, also landing on the floor and bed. Projectile #3.
[welcome to motherhood]
This weekend we are flying to Maine to visit the Grandparents. Hopefully, Rue's first flight is a success and if there is anymore 'projectile' involved that Chris can be lucky enough to get in on the action.
What's your funniest projectile story??
6 comments:
I'd say you are due for a projectile break!! :)
Sounds like it was a fun trip - even with the bodily fluids.
Oh my goodness you are too funny! I get ridiculously excited when I see that you've posted something new. All three explosions sound pretty amazing. Exorcist style sounds like the most perfect description!
One time I thought I could be sneaky/fast and change Henry on my lap in the car. We were getting ready to walk in the St. Patty's parade and of course, he pees and poops all over my lap. I had to walk in the parade with gross looking pants (I at least was able to cover it up with a baby bjorn/blanket combo!)
Good luck on the flight! Sounds like your trip is going great so far :)
My oldest son had GERD so projectile was a normal activity in our house. He threw up on my face once while playing peek a boo, at Trader Joes. It was disgusting. His physician recommended after feeding, to not pick him up to burp him but to roll him to his side and pat his back that way to burp him and keep him laying down for 30 minutes after feeding, worked like a charm.
And thus begins the journey of bodily fluids so associated with motherhood. Sigh...
Once, I had my tot in his sling and he had a massive explosion that spewed out of his diaper. I was in Target and he was only 3 weeks old. Of couse, I had no extra clothes and the sling was full of poop. There I am washing him off in the sink. I had poop all over my shirt. I walked out of the bathroom, him in a diaper, me in a nursing camisole (I threw the poopy clothes in the trash). I picked out a t-shirt in the women's section and opened a bag of onesies in the baby section. It was a memorable experience. He slept through the whole thing.
Best,
Tina
P.S.
So glad you had fun on your trip!
Projectile poo still makes daughter roll on the floor while telling the story of hers. She was three weeks old and nursing with that distinctive bright yellow, curdy, runny poo; we are stripping for a bath in kitchen sink. I take her onesie off and undo the diaper pins, as I raise her legs to remove the dipe she grins and out shoots a stream of poo so strongly that the shiny toaster waaay over in the corner (far from the sink) wore a lovely Jackson Pollack-style decoration that had me laughing so hard i peed my pants.
Drip drip drip...
Blowouts just become a way of life for a little while....unfortunate but true. A mama does really begin to believe that maybe no outfit is truly complete without a little snot, pee, or poop.
Post a Comment