Wednesday, February 2, 2011

party planning preparations

My son turns 1 in a week!
Party planning and preparations are in full swing.
The theme (why not have a theme?) is Robots and all space related manner.
So I've been cutting up cardboard boxes & painting up the wazoo.
Robots and spacecrafts and rockets oh my! So fun!
Here's a sneak peek at the props for the photo booth.




Rue had to get in on the action!

There definitely will be a reflective & sappy 'my-baby-turned-one!' post soon, but I can't stop this run-away train just yet! There are stars & galaxies to be cut, pom-poms to be made, menu's to be planned, and cakes to be bought. I think all of the 'stuff' I am doing is helping distract me from the bittersweetness of saying goodbye to the baby and hello to the toddler. Mama's just not ready yet. Maybe some libations will help. [I can serve Mojitos at a kid birthday, right?]

Not quite used to life flying by me like this.

xo.


5 comments:

deep beneath the tides said...

this is wonderful! what a lucky little boy to have such a fun and creative mama! ^_^

Yana said...

Thanks joy!
I am having more than making the stuff than he will enjoy it himself! :)

Cassy B said...

I LOVE it. And it's pretty amazing how much time and effort you're putting into his party! What a lucky son to have you as his mommy:)

Madeline said...

Super cute! Lucky little Rue!

Amber said...

We did a robot baby shower for a friend here in Florida (you might actually know her). I have the cutest decoration that's suuuper easy and suuuper cute. Let me know if you want me to send you a picture.

Happy (early) birthday, Rue!!