Tuesday, March 1, 2011

high/low

Rough week.
On the way to NJ for work training, Chris's Saab died.
He was towed to a little shop and the mechanic confirmed. Engine death.
And sadly it's not worth fixing.

So, we find ourselves sharing [closes eyes and shudders] one car.
That will last only so long; until:
A. I tire of driving to Chris & from work, aka getting out of sweats before noon.
B. Chris tires of the downgrade from his Sexy Saab Turbo to my Dented 97 Honda Civic aka 'Phoebe'.

Commence car dreaming...now. The Honda Pilot is nice. Acura MDX, nicer. We are a growing family here people, SUV's are where it's at!


A dead car was the low of the week. But!!! There is a high! I think Ruehl may be over his lactose sensitivity! [and the crowd erupts in exuberant joy and the angels sing the hallelujah chorus] The last few weeks I have been giving him dairy and I haven't noticed any changes in his demeanor or in his diaper. When I gave him dairy two months ago he cried all day and night and his diapers looked like pea soup. Bad, bad, bad reactions to dairy. I guess his little gut couldn't handle it. Our Pediatrician told me he would probably outgrow the sensitivity around a year and I am so relieved to say I think he has!

That is reason enough for me to say my glass is half full, one car or not.
xo,

Y

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Sad for the Saab, but yay for Rue! Food sensitivities are no fun for baby or mama.

Amber said...

I can feel your shudder with the thought of sharing one car. Ken's car died on the highway a few weeks ago. Yep; just decided it didn't want to drive any longer. Sure wished it hadn't decided to do that at 65+ miles an hour. We're not sure yet if it's worth fixing. So right now, we are a throwback to the 1980's one car family. It's no fun. But neither are car payments. Let me know what you decide. I think we might be shopping in the near future.

Samantha said...

You never know what kind of good is gonna come out of a situation like the Saab-Death. Maybe an SUV? Maybe a new-to-you car? I'm seeing this as a winwin situation ma dear!