Doves!
It's finally happened. I am the proud owner of Internet and Cable! (i'm not excited about the cable part, honestly. After 1 year without it, I thought I'd never need it again) But the internet! !
So finally, updating my posts, pictures and hours of web wandering will be a cinch! Oh my stars! (I've only really heard the phrase 'oh my stars' used by two people. My mother, and my friend Madeline, and I love it. So cute!)
Well, my last post was quite the tear jerker for me. Not surprising, these hormones are a doozy!
So, all of you beautiful women out there who are proud mothers, you can believe I will be devouring your blogs for any and all things baby. Any recommended books/dvd's/websites I must know about? This is a whole new world for me and I'm eager to learn. Of course, I know that the best learning will be 'hands on'. Oh, Jan 30th! Be still my heart!
xx, Y
2 comments:
I could easily overwhelm you with tips and advice, so I'll try to keep it brief. If you have any questions though, please feel free to email me!
deberniere@yahoo.com
I will say that you must watch The Business of Being Born. Also, cloth diapering is pretty awesome...I could seriously overload you with info on that if you want it. And, you will love babywearing. I could also overload you with info on that one. Overall though, you don't need most of what's in the baby stores. Oh, and you must must must run out, and get yourself a subscription to Mothering magazine. You could just pop over to their website actually instead of running. ;) Back issues would be helpful too. You won't agree with every last thing they say (I certainly don't), but their overall vibe and the quality of information is unsurpassed. Oooo...I'm so excited for you. I could squeal!! This is one adventure you are just gonna go gaga over!
How about a book suggestion for dad-to-be, Chris? I devioured "The Expectant Father", which was kind of a what to expect when she's expecting kind of book. It let me know what my lovely bride was going through as well as the baby during each stage of the pregnancy. At any ratean that's just a suggestion from one dad. Mega-mucho-congrats, by the way:)
Post a Comment