1. yesterday I found a picture of myself in a bikini and sighed, then almost cried.
2. babie's r us is a scary place! registering took me 3.5 hours, and if Jessi hadn't come to help me, I would've ended up in a puddle of tears and frustration.
3. so it's quickly becoming apparant that the only two questions [almost with out exception] that people ask me anymore is "When are you DUE?" and followed by "Do you have any names picked out??" auuuuugggghhh. Ok, clearly I am pregnant, but I'm beginning to feel a little lost here? Like when I was engaged, I was lost in the 'when's the wedding' question. I was SO glad to get married and not get asked that anymore. Once our son arrives, the next question will be 'SO when are you having #2!?' Sigh.
4. strangers are beginning to touch me
5. my order of mace is being shipped via Amazon
6. i love chocolate, especially hot
7. #5 was a joke...mostly
8. someone told me [when they saw my belly] 'wow, he's gonna be a big fella'
um, excuse me? Is that a compliment in New Hampshire?
9. gaining weight is really a lot harder than I anticipated. Pre-belly, when I'd hear a pregnant woman complaining about her weight I would say 'no, you look amazing! it's all for the baby! it's a good thing! don't stress about it! the weight will come' But now that I'm wearing these shoes myself, I feel like eating my own words. [see! eating! It's all comes full circle] But dont fret loves, I am eating a plenty for the both of us.
10. on a very serious note, I am so very thankful to be having this baby. Life truly is a miracle, and my heart goes out to a very close friend of mine who miscarred this summer, along with a blog friend who I've been reading for over a year, miscarried last week. It's heartbreaking and my prayers truly are with them.
4 comments:
I feel for you on the whole list, but especially #s 2 and 4. My first question upon entering Babies-r-us "Do I need all of this?...Somebody please say 'no'". Luckily my mom was there to assure me that I didn't need the vast majority of it. And, the touching...uggh! Strangers just shouldn't go there.
ok, so i AGREE ON ALMOST EVERY ONE OF YOUR POINTS!....
The name thing, kills me...yes we have names on our mind nothing set in concrete but i don't feel like sharing them with any of you! lol...people always have something to say, like 'oh i know a so-n-so", or "really what makes you like that name", orr "they just have nothing to say" , orrrrrr "they tell you how cute it is, when they really are thinking....WTF is that kind of name!"
its lame, so i just got to the point where I say "ugh were not sure yet"
the touching, kILLLLLS me. people have NO boundries...we are like fair game to anyone and everyone when it comes to 'TOUCHING'
Gaining weight, I want to cry everyday over it...and i still have 3.5 months to go! when i will be putting on the most weight.....but I have to keep telling myself , eat right, eat like i would if i wasnt pregnant, and IM GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT whether i like it or not, im PREGNANT! LOL i have to remind myself.
and babies r us is a NIGHTMARE. I was in and out of that place! YIKES!
so glad im not the only one who has these sameeeee thoughts!
:)
But honestly, you really do look GREAT! you still look tiny! you go girl! ha!
I remember registering-- oh my my. So glad you had a friend there to advise. Oh it's such a wonderful thing to be pregnant. I am one of those weird people who has a girl name 100% set in stone already because I am just crazy about baby names. I hope I get to use it someday!
I know this is an old post, but I had to comment. I had the hardest time gaining weight, too. To the point where I dreaded going to the doctor. Anyhoo, it all worked out great! I gained a total of 19 lbs, my boy was 7 lbs, and after I left the hospital I was only 6 lbs. over my starting weight. A blessing in disguise! Erin
Post a Comment