Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Read Me Happy


I love to read.
Being a new mom, my favorite autobiographies, novels & non-fiction have been put back on the shelf for a hiatus and I've taken a nose dive into the world of children's books. But don't think for a second that I'm complaining. I love a good story and illustration. Maybe one day when I'm a grown up I will move past a pipe dream and seriously consider becoming an illustrator [...]

Here is a sampling of what Rue and I are currently reading.

Shine Moon Shine by David Conway. The graphics are done in beautiful pastels, and the story is simple & sweet. When the moon gets lonely up in space by himself, he lands on earth. One little boy makes it his mission to turn night into a happy place so the moon won't be lonely any longer.


The Pigeon Wants a Puppy, by Mo Willems.
An adorable series about a poignant pigeon who knows what he wants, that is, until he gets it.




ABC's, by Charley Harper. A fantastically illustrated alphabet book. [Charlie has another fantastic book Illustrated Life]



What's your [kids] favorite book?
Happy reading.

xo, Y

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh good, reccomendations!! I'm currently building up our collection, and I think these would make great additions. :) I used to work at a preschool and "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!" was one of the kids' favourites! 15 children all happy at the same time....ya. we read that one alot. ha!

heather sinnott said...

anything by Sandra Boyton, she writes excellent, funny kids books.

Kelly said...

that pigeon book looks so cute! reminds me of the Fantastic Mr. Fox (the movie, sorry not the book)
Solo loves "Pet the Bunny" that's a tale as old as time but he loves all the interaction that book has, it's even taught him how to say "Bye" and that's the gift that keeps on giving.

Katie said...

First time I read "don't let the pigeon drive the bus" i was alone in Barnes and NOble, cracking up out loud to myself. I love love Charley Harper. Want his artwork everwhere.

Duck, RAbbit is a great one too