Friday, November 19, 2010

T-day




T-Day.
Turkey day.
Thanksgiving.

Whatever your preference....
we all can agree it's a happy day of [over] feasting with family!


I love Thanksgiving.
But; I have a confession.
Two actually.

1. Almost always, I think turkey is boring and horribly dry.
2. I don't REALLLLLLY love pumpkin as much as one is supposed to. I do, LOVE the flavor.
But there is a weird texture thing. And something is just, MISSING?

Thankfully, I found a kindred spirit who feels the same way. The Pioneer Woman. I just stumbled upon her blog, and oh mah word, ya'll. All her food looks killer! She is sarcastic. [Food and Sarcasm = the girl is speaking my language!] And to make her an even more credible food blogger I will name drop and say she was recently featured on Bobby Flay's Thanksgiving Throw Down. So I don't know about you, but I think tis' wise to make the food of a woman that held her ground next to Bobby.

She shares my pumpkin pie sentiment. So I was excited to see she created a pumpkin creme pie that looks ahhh-mazing. Lets just hope I can convince my strict punkin' lovin' family to indulge in this little beauty! I told my skeptical husband about it, and he insisted that I try it out first, so it can be 'perfect' for Christmas. See? I told you. Strict Punkin' Lover!

Isn't that pie just beautiful!?
I can't wait to try it.

Recipe found here on Pioneer Woman.

Bon appétit!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh.my.gosh!
I'm another one that feels like I should like pumpkin pie but I find it a bit boring. However, this is so intriguing. And it would go PERFECT with our whiskey holiday (I make bourbon french toast for Christmas morning). Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making this for Thanksgiving!

Katrina said...

I am one of these punkin lovers you speak of! I will try it in almost any application though. I ain't scared. if the pioneer woman says it's good, I believe it!

Kelly said...

I have followed pioneer girl for a while she is good stuff indeed

Yana said...

It is AMAZING.
I made it last week and will make it again for my family.
YUMMMMO.