Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Am I cheap, or thrifty?

I asked myself the other day, 'In this economy, how are we to furnish our homes?' Thrifting of course! Thrifting is not everyone's cuppa tea, but if you have an eye, the knack, and a wee bit of patience you can find some gems. While money is hard to come by, if I had excess I wouldn't jump at the chance to buy Johnathan Adler's needle point pillows. I love granny things, but needlepoint is somewhere I'm not willing to go. Am I crazy to not like them?

No, if I had excess money I would be a minimalist. Have you noticed how minimalist decorate? Minimal amounts of expensive and high quality furniture, looks so good. I love this room here: [and like normal I don't remember where I found it]


But until that day comes, I will continue thrifting [and collecting myriads of stuff so my house feels decorated, and I have used all the excess closet and basement space and my husband blows a gasket and forces me to have a yard sale of the century, and get rid of my precious second hand items.] Ahh, they cycle of decor life.

and lookie what I found last week! dessert plates 4.99, a peacock tea tray for 2.99, copper bowl, 1.99, carved candle sticks .99 each, and last but not least, candleabras [that spelling looks off] 3 for .99!
I love it when they underprice!




1 comment:

Madeline said...

Nice finds, girl!! I do love me some thrifting!