That couldn't describe my feelings more! Wednesday I was a shining, smiling, giddy ball of joy and energy- so ready to meet him. The crib had arrived, the birth pool arrived (hooray!) I took some belly pictures with a friend, and even got my hair cut and colored. I WAS PUMPED. 'Ok baby, you can come now!' I said. Thursday? Thursday I cried into the simmering pot of rice and beans. I thought 'I am going to be so needed by another human being...but I still need to be taken care of. I still need my mom. The idea of that is so overwhelming'
But Wow, my SON! My first born son. I can't wait to meet this little life and grow to know who he is! What an honor.
I get the question 'Are You Excited?!' daily. Answering yes is the understatement of the year.
I am. I sooo am. Ready and scared shitless. But that's normal. Right? right. riiight?
Baby ticker says 19 days, but I'm feeling some deep movement, pelvis pressure, and contractions, so we'll see. Maybe sooner? (yippeee!)
xo, Y
4 comments:
Even after he gets here you will have a few tears in the rice moments, but it's totally normal. Heck, I nearly had a tears in the rice moment today all because my two year old didn't sleep last night! But, no worries. It's normal to have mixed emotions...going from exhilarated to terrified in the blink of an eye. You're about to embark on a brand spankin' new, huge and amazing adventure. It's a beautiful thing, and you are totally gonna rock at it.
Yes, it is very normal! You are about to go through an experience that you have never had before. Just try to relax and take it all in. Breath, and let your body do what it is designed to do. And remember that millions of women have been doing this for thousands of years before we ever did! Looking forward to the birth announcement post! :)
That sounds EXACTLY like what you should be feeling right about now! The good news is that motherhood, just like anything else, happens one day at a time. You can handle most anything one day at a time.
thank you for the encouragement!
One day at a time is a good motto.
Post a Comment