Thursday, February 26, 2009

recipe sharezies!

My friend Claire gave me a delicious recipe for Shredded Port Burritos and I want to share with you! Pork has never been a frequent food in my diet because of it's creepy bacteria and such...BUT I can't deny it's deliciousness when prepared like this.


Shredded Pork Burritos

Ingredients:

Pork Roast
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Cilantro
Onion
A few small potatos
Curry
Ginger (fresh or powder)
Olive oil
GARLIC


Place pork roast, chopped onions and cubed potatoes in crockpot with about a cup of water.
Add the remaning ingredients. Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low for about 4 more hours.
When it's ready the pork will shred and the potatos will be mushy. Dish pork into tortillas with a little fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato or salsa. Add cheese if you like. Eat. Enjoy!

[I am a big fan of adding dashes of this and that, and making things up as I go. The last time I tried this I added white wine and corriander, yumm]

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Sounds delish! Love those flavor combos.