Thursday, September 24, 2009

100th post.

[i'm going to ignore my feelings of lameness, as it took me 2 years to hit 100 posts. eeesh. slap on my infrequent blogger wrist.]


Happy 100 posts to me! Today I'm sharing with you the books I'm currently reading, have read and plan to read. I only have 4.5 months till my bun is finished cooking, so I must take advantage of all this quiet free time I have!!

I am currently reading Baby Wise & Pushed. So far Pushed is awesome.........I'm not totally digging Baby Wise though.




Next on my reading list is Ina May's Guide & Your Best Birth. I've heard both are incredible.




Two others I've already read and enjoyed are Supernatural Childbirth and The Bradley Method.
The first is a liiiitle cheesy, but contains some great insight and scriptures. I really did not like the Dr. Bradley's writing style...AT ALL. I like his method though, so we are thinking of taking the birthing classes soon.







I've devoured a few others, inluding A Thinking Woman's Guide to Childbirth. That was an eye opener....especially as it was the first book I read. Pretty influential to me.
And there you have it. If you have any other suggestions, please throw them my way.
Love, and happy posting!
Y.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law suggested Baby-Wise as a "must read", but I didn't dig it either. I began reading it because it was Christ-based , but some of the methods I just couldn't agree upon. So I put it down.

Might I suggest the following books that I read when I had my first & 2nd child?
- The Mommy Book by Karen Hull (http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Book-Karen-H-Hull/dp/0310322413)
She also has a book out called The Mommy and Daddy Book. (http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Daddy-Book-Karen-Hull/dp/031022814X)

Also--
To Train Up A Child by Michael & Debi Pearl (http://www.amazon.com/Train-Up-Child-Michael-Pearl/dp/1892112000)

And Lastly,

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Baby Sign Language (http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Baby-Language/dp/1592574696)
This book and others like it were LIFESAVERs for me and my hubs. We had less frustration communicating with our little ones (who couldn't talk yet) by signing to them and them to us! Totally a "good thing".

Hope U Likey!

Unknown said...

Ina May's book is awesome! I've read it during both of my pregnancies to prepare for labor and birth. And I would love to read Your Best Birth someday. Be sure to watch The Business of Being Born DVD if you haven't already. And I've never read Babywise because I knew what kind of parenting styles it promotes, and that is not me at all!

Meg said...

so... babywise scares me. lol - pushed is supposed to be awesome. ina may's guide is the best. my only other recommendations are dr. sears' birth book (and really ANY of his books - he has a whole library) and 'birthing from within' which is amazing and also the best childbirth ed. class you could take. unfortunately every city doesn't offer them... :( happy reading, love! you're soooo on the right track. :)