Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I am woman, hear me roar.

TLC's a 'Baby Story' is improperly named.
It should be call TLC's 'A documentation of creepy hospital's, painful deliveries, and OB's who are idiots Story' It doesn't make me want to have baby, on the contrary, it scares me. Am I alone in this??

Instead I am surrounding myself with good thoughts, words, books and stories. At this point, I am SO inspired to deliver, in a healthy physiological natural way. I am believing for the BEST. So many people tell me I'm 'so brave' and they could 'never do what I'm doing'. But really that just makes me think, WHY ARE THEY DOUBTING THEMSELVES? Why not believe in yourself? Maybe I've just read too much, but I am totally confident in my ability as a woman, as a creation of God, to deliver this baby in a happy, calm, safe enviroment. I am woman hear me roar!
I shoudn't let negative assumptions of delivery dictate my feelings and cause me to fear. I will just let what happens naturally...It may be better, OR WORSE than I'm expecting. But it's best to assume, the best. I am believing for a supernatural birth. I may sound foolish to you, but for me it's easier to believe for the best and take what I get. To use my faith in a way that makes sense. Why believe for 'less pain' or 'better than average' when faith is intended to be used for the impossible??? I DO think that a pain-free quick delivery is impossible...that's why we're believing for the supernatural to kick in. It doesn't make sense to the mind, but that's how God works.

Ahhh. That makes me feel so much better. I am woman, hear me roar. I can and will do this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roar, Sister, Roar! ;^)

I think it's beautiful that you are going natural. In a positive way, those people are saying that you ARE brave, and they aren't. see it? It could be painful, but we're praying it won't be as much for you. Your <3's desire is to have your baby doll boy come into this world, comfortably along with you being comfortable. GREAT! So be it! HalleLU-Yer! Go girl! I'm with ya!

Unknown said...

You go girl!! Yes, you CAN do it!!! And you are doing the right thing by turning off the dreaded "Baby Story" show and focusing on positive birth stories. Have you read mine yet? One planned homebirth turned unplanned natural birth in the hospital and one unplanned, unassisted birth at home. That can prepare you for either one. :)

Yana said...

thanks for the encouragement ladies :)

I haven't read your yet Marcy, but I'd love to! If you read this, would mind posting a link to your birth story so we can all read it?

Unknown said...

Sure! Here is the link to my midwife's site. My birth stories are the last two, complete with photos. :)

http://www.tender-beginnings.com/birthstories.html

Yana said...

Thanks Marcy! I'll go read them!

Madeline said...

You were made for this! You totally can and you totally will do it, and good for you for being brave. People make a mistake about the bravery though...the bravery doesn't lie in giving birth the natural way the bravery comes in standing against the tide...the tide that is going in the absolute wrong direction and telling women that they aren't what God created them to be.