Friday, September 25, 2009

itching to move.

so there's a house.
that I want.
that Chris wants too.
it's gorgeous.
and white.
french style.
with a gorgeous back yard.
and a garage.
and a workshop.
and a patio.
[and a high price tag]


it's not that I dont LOVE my little starter house...the one that we worked on endless every night and weekend and free moment, and non-free moment. The one we bled for, and cried for. And sweat for, and put lots and lots of hard earned money into. I LOVE IT. But...we live on the edge of the ghetto. Not in it, but it's all around. Before the bump, I didn't mind, but now that this little life is ours to care for, my maternal instincts are up the wazoo and I want a safe haven to raise the prince in.


So...it's not that I don't LOVE our house...it's just.....I dont want to live in a neighborhood where rap music blares and we keep a bat by the front door in the umbrella stand.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I hear ya..

When I was pregnant with our oldest and living in Nashville we had just moved into a larger apartment because we needed more space and the rent was cheaper, but in turn we sacrificed living in a nice area. We realized quickly that we were surrounded by college students and were kept awake almost every night by the thumping bass on the other side of our bedroom wall. My water broke in the middle of the night and when we tried to get to our car there was a party going on in the parking lot. They didn't seem to notice that I could barely walk from the pain and were not even polite enough to move out of my way and let me through.. it was like, "Hello people! Sorry to get in the way of your party, but I'm in labor here!"

Makes me crazy just thinking about it again. We moved as soon as our lease was up to a much nicer area, and even though we had to sacrifice A LOT of space and live in a teeny tiny place, it was worth it to live someplace where we felt more comfortable raising our son. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup. We're moving to our first dream home...in a few months. Just waiting for the paperwork to go thru. We live in a nice neighborhood, but we rent, and we have neighbors and loud noise and probationary predators in our neighborhood. PTL we're outta here soon! Plus we're gonna have more space too. HalleluYeR

Anonymous said...

*I should rephrase 'probationary predators to sexual offenders on probation... yeee--ah.

Madeline said...

Sounds perfect! Hope you get your dream soon.