oh.my.word.
I'M HAVING A LITTLE BOY!!! And let me tell you, we were so stunned. All three of us thought without a doubt, girl. It's in the bag. I even disregarded the midwife's comment about not performing circumcisions...I thought, oh no worries there. But, we were wrong. Happily wrong.
You couldn't find a disappointed face in the room. We were all smiles. [seems to be a trend...]
The ultrasound was beautiful. I could've watched him move for hours. The 3D images of our son amazed me. He's already SO CUTE!! Ahh! He was a-movin' and a-groovin', and I kept laughing, which btw, doesn't help the technician get a clear shot. But how could I NOT laugh when he was flexing his muscle at us? He was saying 'look dad! look at me! I'm strong too!' He already has his dad's chin, and my nose. Wow.
I couldn't fall asleep last night as my mind was a flurry! Everything is different now. I was picturing flowers, and dresses...and lambs, but not anymore! Bring on the Forts. Dirt. Bugs. Hammers. Water balloons. Tents. Swords. Tree-houses.Trains. Trucks. Superman capes. Legos.
It's actually not a far stretch from my own childhood. Don't get me wrong, I loved my dress-up clothes, Barbies, and Princesses just like any other girl, but growing up without silbings and only boy cousins, I was kind of outnumbered in the girly department. I became a pro at dirt, wrestling, GI Joe fight scenes, jumping off roofs, and playing Ninjas. I had a permanant tooth knocked out during a sword fight with a PCV pipe. Not so fun. We had contests to see who could climb the OUTSIDE of the house the longest, as well as the who could climb on the furniture on the Inside with out touching the carpet. We were monkeys...houligans at best. But it was FUN.
So maybe I'm not clueless as to how to raise a boy...well except for the whole potty training penis part. Thank God I have some time before that comes.
There's a party in my belly! and it has a little peepee. heehee.
7 comments:
Congratulations! Ha, welcome to my world! :)
Yay! SO psyched for you!
YIPPIEEE!! Super duper thrilled for you and Chris!! WOnderful NewS!!!! Yay for beautiful bouncing boys!
Hallay-LU-Yer! God knew you would be a great mommy to a little 'Brink' boy. :) Maybe He'll bless u with a little girl next time! ;^) I was blessed with one of each. Wouldn't have it any other way!
Awww!! I think you'll be an awesome boy mommy. I'm currently partial to boys...so in my opinion they pretty much rock. You're gonna love it!
And, the peeing standing up thing threw me for a loop. But he'll see his dad do it, and eventually want to copy. A lot of little boys actually pee sitting down for a couple of years, too. It's really not as daunting a deal as it originally seems.
!!! Congratulations, Yana and Daddy! I'm so happy to hear: A BOY! You are going to love da boys... I've heard they give the best Mommy-cuddles. I have to watch my girls get cuddly with Daddy instead. *sigh*
NO CIRCUMCISION!!! ;) www.nocirc.org xo
Post a Comment