that is the question of the day. of the week. of this pregnancy.
my first reaction to cloth diapers for my kid: "hell. to. the. no. I'm going to have enough on my hands with a newborn, feeding, not sleeping, trying to feed myself and husband....cleaning house will be out the window in a flash. How will I have time to wash diapers daily???"
and then I read 'Pacing the Panic Room's post on cloth diapers. And I said: Oh crap. I knew diapers were a environmentally unfriendly item, but 'at the end of 3 years of using nothing but disposables, that messy mound would weigh as much as an elephant driving a town car' is how 'PtPR' describes it.
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
When I first suggested this idea to my husband his nose curled up too, but when I told him it would save us hundreds of dollars per year...he heard my tune. I am VERY open to the ways of the cloth, however I need to some guidance! Some feedback! Tips and suggestions from you beautiful mammas and pappas out there who have tried and true and found your favorite cloth diapers!!! Feel free to email me at yana@riverlution.net if you prefer.
So, 'PtPR' has a random drawing to win some (one size!) FuzziBunz cloth diapers and I'm hoping I'm the lucky winner. Cross your fingers!!!
Alright loves... ta ta!
XO, Y
4 comments:
Yana, I don't use cloth diapers, but we get disposables for free from friends of ours, so we are still saving $$...but, i've noticed Leah Mari Valenzula uses cloth diapers with her baby, Bella, and she's got 3 kids! She has adorable multiple colored ones and she seems to be handling it all very well. Give her a buzz and find out what she's done. :)
Um, yeah.. we've been buying diapers and pull-ups for 7 years now. I don't even want to know how much money all those years adds up to. :(
I think cloth diapers are the way to go if you have the time and patience. Although, you also have to figure in the cost of extra water you will be using to wash them all.
Hope you find what works best for you. :)
We used cloth for both of our girls, and we loved them. They do save you money and I never ran out. They key is to not be a nazi about it. Fuzzi bunz are the way to go! They are fabulous. And boy do they hold up, I just handed all of them down to my friend Sarah, and she loves them too! Good Luck!
Blessings,
Molly
Cloth is definitely the way to go! For breastfed poo explosions it is hands down the best. Disposables practically fall apart.
Favorites:
BumGenius one size diapers (however if I had another little one I would check out snap diapers instead of velcro. Velcro has its major drawbacks.)
Imse Vimse flushable diaper liners (http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=702)are a must once the poo becomes more solid (breastfed poo is water soluble...just toss it in the wash). This brand is washable too and can be reused a few times.
Cottonbabies.com has come out with two new diapers that would be worth checking out. I'd consider the econobuns for around the house use. I used a similar diapering system when Levi was tiny (before I could afford enough bumGenius diapers), and I actually liked it.
For overnight diapers (you won't need these unless your baby is a heavy nightime wetter...Levi didn't need them until around 15 months) I like Bamboo Baby Form fitted diapers http://www.thebabymarketplace.com/securestore/c26128p17141015.2.html with thirsties diaper covers http://www.kellyscloset.com/Thirsties-Diaper-Cover-VERSION-20_p_2996.html Bummis diaper covers are good too, but as Levi got older his skin became very sensitive to whatever fabric they use around the legs.
Gosh, I could go on and on about cloth diapers. This is a good start though. Let me know if you have any questions along the way. Chances are I've either been there, done that or I've at least read about it. Hope this helps!! Good luck!
Post a Comment